Sunday, March 11, 2012

Going Full Circle Each Year

Wow, I just noticed this list is four years old as of this month. Time is just flying by and it makes me want to remind myself to take some time to look around, observe and enjoy it. Especially with spring and summer on the horizon (since winter never arrived this year, its been 40 or about for the last month and a half. We haven't had any snow, literally).

Four years ago? Well, from March 2008 to March 2012 I was...

in...then out of a long term relationship...

moved from an apartment in Akron to an apartment in Columbus to a house in Columbus to a rooming house just south of the Ohio State University campus (Columbus)...

went from working in radio, to unemployed to being a waiter in a failed Mexican restaurant (Baja Sol) to a customer service rep. in a call center for a girl's/women's apparel catalogue (Delia's/Alloy) to a customer service rep. for JP Morgan Chase to a package handled for Limited Brands to an Account Manager for a Health Care IT company (CoverMyMeds)...

added a second niece and a nephew to my list of young people who think that I, too, am in area of 5 to 8 years old...

officially left radio after years of being only "sort of" happy with what I was doing for a living...

disconnected from a long list of acquaintances and friends through my own ignorance and lack of vision, then discovered a whole new circle of friends and acquaintances...

was continually thrown out of my element, then worked on getting familiar and comfortable with where I was only to have to do it all over again...and again...and again.

And that is just scratching the surface , without details. The only constant is that the roller coaster doesn't have a plateau, its all up and down. That may be the reason why I sometimes feel disconnected, lost or on the outside looking in. It is a feeling I really don't care for.

This shouldn't be, but I have become sort of programmed to not get too comfortable with anything. I think its because each time I have been able to take a deep breath and relax, I then get handed the task of starting something over again.

That can be a confidence killer. Mine isn't dead, though if it were a physical object it would look a lot like my Honda: dented, scratch, scraped, battered and bruised. I'm at that point now where I'm craving a constant of some kind, whether it be big or small, I just need something or a someone to help keep me grounded now and then.

Its funny how this project I started four years ago has gone from a way to document some of the odd experiences I have had to this weird personal reflection. I can imagine looking back on this in a few years and simply laugh at myself. At least I hope that's what I will be doing. I'm 36 (going on 37) and still making my way...which ever way that is.

If I ever get to Albuquerque, remind me to take that left turn.

No comments: